Existing Member?

Fun, Food & Foreign Lands!

Shopping, eating and sport...

USA | Friday, 9 August 2013 | Views [284]

Friday 9 August 2013

 
Anne and I got our Tiffany & Co on 5th Avenue fix this morning and loved  it.  We bought a few little trinkets so left very happy with our purchases.  We then walked through Central Park to our luncheon destination which was the Loeb restaurant at the Central Park Boathouse.  It was lovely and would recommend to anyone visiting NYC.  After lunch we then headed back to our hotel to get ready for our sporting experience at Yankee stadium.  Of course we made sure we had our NY baseball caps ready to wear that evening.
 
We caught the subway to the Bronx where Yankee stadium is located.  The Yankees were playing the Detroit Tigers.  Not ever having been to a baseball game before I wasn't sure what to expect but really enjoyed it plus we had excellent seats.  I had purchased our seats a couple of months ago but the night before the game the ticketing agency contacted me to say the tickets were no longer available....  Before I could react they advised me that they were offering better seats at no extra cost and literally just behind the Yankees dugout.  Wow they were fantastic and Anne and I couldn't believe it.  Very, very lucky!!!  Great night and great experience plus the Yankees won!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.