Existing Member?

Fun, Food & Foreign Lands!

The NYC experience continues...

USA | Wednesday, 7 August 2013 | Views [286] | Comments [1]

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Anne and I absolutely bombed out last night but got up nice and early and headed to the Empire State Building in order to beat the crowds. It was great and the view of NYC was brilliant. After that we headed downtown to Stumpdown Coffee Roasters as both Anne and I love our caffe latte's and this place had been recommended. Didn't disappoint as the coffee was delicious.

After that we walked along Broadway towards Union Square and checked out the Flatiron building and the cool shops along the way. We then caught the subway for the first time and didn't get lost! We ended up in the West Village and checked out the very trendy shops including Magnolia Bakery (known to fans of Sex in the city). Sticking to our program we had lunch at Pastis and it was yum, yum, yum. After having the fullest of stomach's a bit of exercise was required so we walked the High Line (http://www.thehighline.org/about/park-information) and then walked back many, many blocks to our hotel.

That evening we headed to Broadway to see "The Book of Mormons"show. It was fabulous and very funny but also a bit rude so not everyone would find it funny but Anne and I absolutely loved it. Would definitely see again if it came to Australia. After the show we then walked to Times Square before heading to the Parlour restaurant at The NoMad hotel (http://www.thenomadhotel.com/#!/dining/dining-room) for our 10.30pm dinner booking! Restaurant is very funky and expensive...but we had great time and the food was delicious and the service exceptional.

Have now caught a couple of New York taxis and OMG they are shockers. Drive really fast and erratic and don't stop tooting at anything and everything. What an experience!!!

Comments

1

Coco!! Looks like the weather is great and sounds like you're having a ball in NYC. Hope you enjoy the last few days of your holiday.

  Ralph Aug 10, 2013 2:21 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.