Existing Member?

Fun, Food & Foreign Lands!

The Titanic & Giant's Causeway

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 3 August 2013 | Views [329]

Friday 2 August 2013 /Saturday 3 August 2013

 
Today we headed to Belfast to see the Titanic exhibition (http://www.titanicbelfast.com/ )as Belfast is where  Titanic was built and launched.  Then you wouldn't believe it but we made another wrong turn when leaving Belfast and ended up in the Loyalist area again...  I couldn't stop laughing but because we had done it before we knew how to get out of there....
 
Then we headed north up to Ballycastle as we had booked a B&B for the night and wanted to see the Giant's causeway.  We got to the Giant's causeway (http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/giants-causeway/around 6.00pm which was  perfect as the weather was great, we didn't have to pay for  a car park and there were not many people around plus it doesn't get dark until 10.00pm.  Beautiful coastline and lovely place to visit.
 
The B&B was really nice and the host's Nikki and Paul were lovely.  The breakfast the next morning was delicious with a capital D!  Better than most hotels!  After brekkie we headed to Bushmills Irish Whisky distillery (http://www.bushmills.com/BMTheOldBushmillsFindUs.html#BMHistoryTimeline ).  It has been in operation since 1608 so they certainly know what they are doing.  We had a tour and a wee drop of whisky at 1100 a.m in the morning.  Then we hit the road and headed south to Armagh.  You wouldn't be surprised to know that we did get lost a couple of times.  At one roundabout I had to tell Anne to pull over as we went around it a couple of times because we didn't know which exit to take.   I couldn't stop laughing and I am sure that the other drivers who saw us going around and around the roundabout thought we were looneys!
 
The family was happy to see us return from our trip up north and had planned a dinner with all of Anne's cousins and their partners. Dinner was at pub in Blaney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaney) and was great fun with dancing and the irish cousins were kept busy looking for a nice irish man for me!  Great night  with lots of laughs.   I was made to drink some Guinness and I made out that I didn't really like it but secretly I did.  Reason I did this is because if they had an inkling that I didn't mind Guinness then they would have been buying me pint after pint.  We got home around 4.00am and then I had a couple of Bailey on ice night caps with Seamus so think I hit the pillow around 4.30am.

 

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.