Existing Member?

Fun, Food & Foreign Lands!

London calling...

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 29 July 2013 | Views [201] | Comments [2]

Monday 29 July 2013

 
Arrived in London on Saturday and stayed at a nice hotel near Leicester Square.  Checked in to The Ritz Hotel ( http://www.theritzlondon.com/) yesterday and wandered around London before having a delicious nana nap in the afternoon.  As you can imagine The Ritz Hotel is very, very nice and quite "posh".  Security is very tight as they do not allow anyone apart from hotel guests to enter the hotel and the staff and service are exceptional.  I thought it was nice that whenever I popped out of the hotel and then came back I was greeted with "Welcome back Ms Kenshole" instead of Good Afternoon, Good Evening, etc.   The staff make a point of knowing each guest as quickly as possible so that your stay is quite personal.  The hotel is lovely as you would expect and there is a dress code for dining so don't think I will be popping down for breakfast in my very casual shorts and t-shirt!!!!!
 
Anne arrived at hotel around 8.00am.  She had good flight from Sydney but was obviously quite tired.  In order to get the body clock adjusted as quickly as possible she had a shower, got changed and then we went out for coffee (of course), some lunch and walked around for a bit looking at shops, etc.  I got her back to the hotel in the afternoon so she could have 2 1/2 hour sleep.  While Anne slept I headed over to Buckingham Palace for a sticky beak, checked out the gorgeous homes in Mayfair, sat in Green Park for a while doing some people watching and had a coffee.  Woke Anne up at 5.30pm ( she sooooo didn't want to wake up) and we went out for dinner to pub in Chelsea.  
 
Now the next part of my holiday starts....

 

Comments

1

Hi Karen, has your drink of choice changed from Campari & Soda to Pimms?

  Michelle Aug 3, 2013 10:55 AM

2

Hi Michelle. Haven't done the Pimms yet.... Sticking to the good old Sav Blanc.... xxx

  kmk Aug 3, 2013 4:57 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.