Existing Member?

Katie can't sit still "Life is good if you're brave enough to live it the way you want to".

One more thing before I go...

USA | Sunday, 9 September 2007 | Views [360]

me at the Newport Folk Festival this summer.

me at the Newport Folk Festival this summer.

Getting ready to go...a few words come to mind.

Anxious: That I will run out of money. That I will get lost,hurt,robbed...that I won't have fun (crazy, I know, but the fear is still there).

Excitement: for being able to get out of here! for being able to go so far away. for being able to spend so much time with Paul. for being able to do something that many people never get the opportunity to do.

Stressed: What should I bring? How much will this cost? I need to make so many phone calls...when I write it all down, it doesn't seem like much, but...

Leaving behind my family and friends makes me feel something that I can't describe. I felt it in a smaller dose when I left for Dublin in 2006, but at that time, I was so excited to go away and see Paul. I also knew that I had 90 days, my trip had a shorter expiration date. This trip will expire at some point, but I also know that so much will change while I am away. In the end, the sacrifices I make will all result in nothing but goodness. I am excited to go. I am ready.

Tags: The Planning Phase

About kmccabe

just me.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.