Existing Member?

Crazy Asia

Goodbye Korea

SOUTH KOREA | Wednesday, 2 February 2011 | Views [525]

Casey and I are heading to Bangkok tonight! Woohoo, happy to see Thailand, but sad to bid South Korea farewell. This country really surprised me. What started as a mandatory layover turned into a 5 day Korean extravaganza with some awesome friends. The ryleys are hilarious. Tucker was an awesome host, and showed us all the best parts of Seoul. Among the highlights are the amazing food!! (I cant help it, the food is amazing) the flashing neon lights and brights signage of downtown Seoul, the immense ratrace of a subway system which reminded me constantly that I am just one of the 11 million people passing through this huge city. We visited the giant Naedamung market (going to have to double check the spelling on that one :) which twists through several crowded streets, packed with all sorts of bizarre wares. If you ever wanted to see a 10 foot blood sausage coiled up like an anaconda in a basket, or a pickled mushroom the size of a small man. We ate amazing street food... Sweet bread pancakes loaded with sesame, ginger, and chocolate. :) I had tried to find pancake mix somewhere in this country, quite unsuccessfully, so when I saw the shriveled little man flipping flap jacks I was pretty excited! We have many more stories that will have to wait until we get home, Casey and I are determined to learn some of the Korean recipes we've enjoyed, so we shall have Shabu Shabu and Kim Chi Jigae for all!!! We miss you guys, stay tuned for Thailand. XOXO Kendra and Casey!!

About kmanzoni


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.