Existing Member?

hello, chao, konnichiwa!

konnichiwa japan!

JAPAN | Tuesday, 16 September 2014 | Views [376]

wow, japan equals= mind blown!

from the moment we landed in tokyo it was one hell of an adventure. It is so cliche to say this, but.. it really was unlike any other place i have ever been or could imagine. I absolutly loved Tokyo, we just spent every waking moment day and night exploring the city, soaking up the culture and generally just getting lost and having fun , all rolled into one! And when i say lost, i mean lost! being in a very fortunate position as having english as my first language did me no favours here. it literally was a case of find your general direction and hope for the best or if your feeling brave try to communicate with a very polite japenase person (in most caseswith limited english).

However on day 5 of our trip LOST became an understated. the day started bad and just got worse. 1.we almost missed our train 2. we lost our travel guide 3. we arrived at mt fuji being unable to view it due to extreme wind and rain (we later discovered we were in the middle of a typhoon..OOPS!) 4. WE GOT SEPERATED IN THE MIDDLE OF JAPAN BETWEEN MT FUJI AND TOKYO 5. after 8 hours i still could could not find nathan (cue hysterical crying) after eventually finding eachother back in tokyo 6. nathan almost drowns in the bath?! (thats another story). so yes bad day over!

we then left tokyo (sad face) and headed for the japenese alps. we enjoyed a wonderful night at a fire works festival in matsumoto after cycling round and seeing the castle. the next day we headed into the alps for the day(kimachi) and even a mountain side onsen experiance with the locals! next we headed to the owi dori festival tokushima on the south island. it was great fun even with the long train rides there and back (we had to stay the night 3 hrs away due to its popularity with japenese who travel home for the festival. we then travelled to kyoto and visited shrines and temples until we were all templed out! we stayed in a ryokan (japanese style inn). we also included a day trip to nara and the local deer were a delight to see!

next we travelled back to tokyo as we just couldnt keep away from exploring it more. we stayed in a different area this time (the first was tamachi) this time hamamatsucho. we had another awsome time exploring just what tokyo had to offer and by the end of the trip we could include a visit to a cat cafe, a maid cafe, a karoke bar experience, a tokyo giants baseball game and much much more.

and what havn't I mentioned?!?! THE FOOD...... all i can say is it was unreal, from the sushi resturant, to the vending machine cafe, to the ramen house to the authentic japenese sweets and tea house. japan is a place i could just be in, for a long long time....

bye  japan your were crazy!

hello home

About kizzyandnathan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.