Existing Member?

In places distant and foreign, faces that feel like home

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [170] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

I have a thirst and need to travel. I value being exposed and open to new space and contexts when travelling. Having opportunities to experiencing places and cultures from beyond my own is important in growing as a person while at the same time it gives one a chance to share with the people you encounter something of where you come from. I am drawn to ideas about travel, connectivity and exchange of knowledge and ideas between people and societies, particularly of the global south. Im interested in histories and what causes particular spaces to be the way they are today so Brazil is of particular interest to me because of the huge African influence in the society.
I studied fine arts before I did my masters in film, which I finished last year. So I have only really been getting my hands and nails and teeth into this for just over a year. I made a short film for my thesis, which has travelled around the world to a number of festivals.
Winning this competition would be to fulfil two of my biggest life wishes in one, travel and filmmaking. They are the things I live for, I am excited about and would give up everything else to be able to do.

Tags: travel film scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Hello
I am afraid my video had problems uploading and the above video failed. Would it be at all possible to use this link to my application video?

http://vimeo.com/51470919
animaginedworld

You need to set your video share permissions to public.

  kitsolynn Oct 16, 2012 1:48 PM

2

OK, i have re-set it to public.

Thank you. Best,
Kitso

  Kitso Oct 19, 2012 6:08 AM

About kitsolynn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.