Existing Member?

The journey not the arrival matters I believe that travel is the best education. I wanted to learn more about myself and the world so I embarked on a journey, with minimal plans, eager and ready to discover new places, new people and to be adventurous!

Tantalising Thailand

THAILAND | Tuesday, 30 April 2013 | Views [370]

Playful Phuket

I made my way to Phuket the cheap/adventurous way... 1 hour ferry from Langkawi to Satun, Thailand. Then an 8 hour bus ride with one stop to Phuket- not the best, but it was ok really. I did an expensive (approx $20) but really good yoga class in a gym overlooking patong beach, took myself out to the movies, got my iPhone screen replaced after dropping and smashing it yesterday- and then...

 

* stupid traveler mistake no. 2* 

.... I left my bloody credit card in the ATM after taking my cash and checking very thoroughly that I was given the right amount. I realised about half an hour later, went back to check the machine- not there, asked surrounding stores in case some nice person handed it in - not so lucky. Tears forming and heart racing, I found a coffee shop with wifi to use Skype to call the credit card company to cancel the card and finally I calmed down after learning that noone had used it!!! Phew

            

 
Janek, Adam and I rendezvous'd in Phuket, where we had a raucous time in a massage parlour one afternoon. Three tables right next to each other was dangerous from the start but that was the least of our concerns... What began as a nice relaxing time soon turned into a massive laughing fest as Janek and I attempted to explain to each other in broken polish what unexpected body parts were being treated to the massage! Firstly, I could not for the life of me think of the word for boobs in polish, so I said to Janek (in polish) .... "Oh my golly, she is touching... Not my stomach, not my head, there are 2 of them..." Hahaha he worked it out, asked me if it felt good, I replied with a sort of high pitched mmm denoting, actually, it's not bad at all! :) and next minute we were all laughing uncontrollably! The laughter continued as Janek explained to me in polish that she had also brushed past his 'there are 2 of them' body part a few times!!!! 
 
               
 
 
Kaleidoscopic Koh Phi Phi Island
This was my third time visiting this beautiful piece of paradise with flashy, blonde beaches and bodacious jungles. But even third time round, I rediscovered the glitz and glamour of the azure waters and perfect sunny weather! We stayed in the most gorgeous accommodation I have ever experienced - a beautiful tree house resort, a private boat ride away from the city centre! It was so cool- everything was made of dark luxurious wood and there was a hammock on the balcony. Our days on phi phi consisted of many bottles of vodka, games of UNO, singalong sessions, sunbathing, too many beers over greasy pad Thai dinners, freshly squeezed juices, and lovely walks along the coast and up to a beautiful viewpoint! The laughter continued as we told stories and joked around in our beautiful treehouse. One day we went on a boat adventure to the famous maya beach (where The Beach was filmed) - now a horrible tourist trap, followed by snorkelling and swimming in pristine clear light blue water, with of course some backflips and jumps off of the side of the boat! It was a fabulous week with even more fabulous boys! 

            

About kish

The journey begins...

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.