Existing Member?

Emily and Kirk Adventures

The 2022 adventure begins

USA | Monday, 14 March 2022 | Views [106]

Emily and I are back on the road.  Coronaviris cut our travel down the past couple years.   We did visit Belize, Bonaire and went to Denver and Michigan a few times, but we were itching to get back at it.   So....March 2022 we put our belongings in storage and began a year of adventure.   Our plan is to spend 2 months travelling to South America, Central America and the Carribean and then go back to Austin to see our kids for a couple weeks and then head out again.

Back in March of 2020 we met our friends Mike and Amanda in Las Vegas for Mikes birthday.  With travel restrictions winding down we decided to start our new adventure by heading to Vegas to celebrate Mike's birthday again.  We stayed a few days on the Strip at the Cromwell.  The Cromwell is a boutique hotel run by Caesars and is in the center of the strip.    Emily and I had a great dinner at Nobu, relaxed and got ready for Mike and Amanda to show up on Thursday.    When they arrived we switched hotels and moved to the Golden Nugget on Fremont Street.   I can't say I remember everything we did, but I can tell you I remember more than the Birthday Boy!    Great times with great friends.   We said our good byes at Top Golf on Sunday and Emily and I headed to the airport for our 15 hour journey to Columbia.  LAS-LAX-MIA-CTG.

The next two months we will be in Cartagena for a month and then Belize for a month.   It is GREAT to be exploring again!

Tags: columbia, las vegas

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.