Existing Member?

Emily and Kirk Adventures

Koh Chang - Beach life for a week

USA | Tuesday, 27 September 2016 | Views [353]

We left Koh Mak on the Seatales speedboat for an hour ride through the pouring rain to get back to the mainland.   Once we arrived on the mainland, we took a cab to another pier a few miles away to get on the slow boat to Koh Chang.  Once on Koh Chang we rode across the island in the back of a pickup over the winding mountain road to arrive at Cookies resort.

We had a beachfront room and an infinity pool!  After checking in we decided to take a walk down the main drag on White Sand Beach, the only road in town, where Emily took a spill in a slimy, slippery puddle.   We found a pharmacy for some iodine and band-aids and we were back in business!    We spent the next few days lounging by the pool and walking along the beach and eating yummy seafood.  The last day, after a week of not hearing any American accents, we overhead a woman speaking with an American southern accent.   As it turns out, her kids live in Round Rock and Georgetown, Texas (for those of you who don't know us...we lived in Georgetown, Texas for 10 years and Emily's sister currently lives in Round Rock.)  We live in a truly small world!    Now onto Bangkok for a couple nights before heading to the Grand Prix.

Tags: #kirmily # kohchang #seatales

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.