Existing Member?

Emily and Kirk Adventures

There is always a beginning...

USA | Wednesday, 14 September 2016 | Views [329]

There is always a beginning…

and there is always an end to every story.  Luckily, we are at the very beginning of our story.   We have had a crazy week, culminating in a Bon Voyage Berfday Bonanza on Saturday.  We are so grateful for those who came to the party.  We were able to say goodbye to friends, and Happy Birthday to Sarah, and Happy Anniversary to Emily and I all in one party!  A special thank you to Sarah and Kyle and Mike and Amanda, who spent their Saturday, Sunday, and Monday helping us pack and move our apartment.  We couldn’t ask for better friends and family than you guys.  You can be sure it was sad for us to walk out of that empty apartment on Monday night.  We had some good times there. 

Also special thanks to Mom and Dad for taking good care of Gizmo while we are gone.  Based on the pics Emily got today, I think she is happier at your place than ours!  And thank you to Sarah and Christie for taking care of Cheeto.  We know he is in good hands and that you will give him all the snuggies he needs.  Don’t think for a minute that we don’t understand the sacrifice you are all making for Emily and I, to take care of our pets.  We see you.

After our crazy week, we were ready to start our vacation and relax!  Austin-Bergstrom Airport was surprisingly quiet at 7:00 am on a Tuesday.  After some confusion (and a tiny bit of yelling) with American Airlines about whether we needed Chinese visas (spoiler alert…we didn’t need them,) we were allowed to board our flight to Dallas.  When we got to Dallas, we were absolutely thrilled to learn that we had gotten upgrades to business class for our flight to Beijing.  This was our first trip on the very fancy new Dreamliner 787.  We are spoiled forever, because business class is AWESOME on this plane. 

We’ll be in Beijing in about 6 hours to start our adventure, and we’ll see you on the flip side!

Love,

E &K

Cheers to the Beginning!

Cheers to the Beginning!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.