Existing Member?

Kim's Cambodia Cycle Challenge 6-17 Feb 2014 Kim's cycling adventure across Cambodia, raising funds and awareness for human trafficking and sexual exploitation.

3rd Feb - Somaly Mam's book review

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 3 February 2014 | Views [428]

The Road of Lost InnocenceThe True Story of a Cambodian Childhood 

Somaly Mam was abandoned as a baby and looked after by her grandmother until she disappeared. She was then taken into the care of a man she called 'grandfather', but was treated no better than an unpaid servant. sold. Raped at twelve, Somaly was forced to marry at fifteen and then sold to a brothel. She endured years of abuse before managing to escape. The Road of Lost Innocence is a moving account of a traumatic childhood and also the inspirational story of a determined and courageous woman devoted to helping other girls caught up in the illegal sex trade and violent underworld in Cambodia.In 1997 Somaly Mam co-founded AFESIP to combat trafficking in women and children for sexual slavery.

 

 

This is a great read, a must for anyone interested in learning more about the cause behind my charity cycle. Girls, recommend this one to your book club. 

About kimkirsten


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.