Existing Member?

Kim's Cambodia Cycle Challenge 6-17 Feb 2014 Kim's cycling adventure across Cambodia, raising funds and awareness for human trafficking and sexual exploitation.

20th Jan - where we'll be going in Cambodia

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 20 January 2014 | Views [435]

As shared by Raw Travel:

 This ride through Cambodia, taking in all the famous sights but also venturing off the beaten track to experience the vibrant village life that is the true soul of the country will truly be an amazing experience.

You will experience the huge ancient city of Angkor Wat, a well traveled attraction in Cambodia, where we've planned the pedaling to make sure you see each of the main temples at the right time of day, where the sunlight is at its most magical and the crowds are at their smallest. Next stop are the atmospheric and as yet uncommercialized ruins at Beng Melea, a magical spot. Put your feet up at the sleepy riverside city of Kampong Cham. Kampong Cham is also where you will experience your first shelter visit, which never fails to be a life changing experience.

 

Itinerary Overview

Day 1 Arrive Siem Reap

Day 2 Day in the life of Cambodian Village / lake visit

Day 3 Angkor Temple circuit / Banteay Srei 70km

Day 4 Cycle to Beng Melea & Kampong Thom 75km

Day 5 Transfer to Kampong Cham & shelter visit

Day 6 Kampong Cham - Phnom Penh 65km

Day 7 Phnom Penh - shelter visit & rest day.

Day 8 Cycle to Kep / Kampot 100km

Day 9 Cycle to Sihanoukville 104km

Day 10 Depart Sihanoukville and evening flight home

About kimkirsten


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.