Existing Member?

travelin light

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 1 August 2010 | Views [251] | Scholarship Entry

Our planet hosts an amazing diversity of frogs. The Golden Dart frog has enough toxin to kill twenty people, the female Gastric Brooding frog gives birth to her babies through her mouth, and the Goliath frog can cover a distance of ten feet in one hop!

In 2008, during the year of the frog, I made a documentary about the global amphibian extinction crisis. I decided to make another film on the topic for this competition, about an encounter with my local zoo that is involved with captive breeding of endangered frog species in Australia.

I contacted the zoo and met Raelene who was so well-spoken, knowledgeable, and passionate about her work I immediately wanted her as the voice for my film. The biggest challenge was the 3-minute time frame. There was so much information and so many images at my disposal that I had to be very selective to keep the story as simple and accessible as possible.

My ambition is to create documentaries that have social and environmental messages, presenting stories in positive, inspiring and empowering ways. I want my films to raise public awareness, as well as sharing the good news stories that we so need to hear!

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

 

About kimingles


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.