Existing Member?

To Oz & Onward...... With a Backpack and pair of flip flops....We're off to sample some Australian culture and see exactly what they have, that The Stowe & Ipswich doesn't!

Wakeup! We're In Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 5 October 2007 | Views [1047] | Comments [6]

So after 7 hours on the flight from KL - and one very random Dutch lady sat in the seat next to us, later, we're finally here. The weather is great, hot and sunny, and the locals are very friendly.

To start off another fantastic journal entry - we will begin with the story of the lost Backpack. After landing in Sydney, on a rather dull 7 hour flight we were heading toward the baggage reclaim, happy in the knowledge that soon we would be at our new "home."
Whilst waiting, we were beginning to worry about our bags and joked that one of them would be lost (Ha Ha) Or soon, as Kim found out, not so Ha Ha!
So with the last bag being picked up there we were standing one backpack down and very worried looking faces on the both of us. Obviously being the travellers that we are, we reported the bag missing and were in hope that it would be found. Fearing for the worst we have been buying odd cheap things this morning. LUCKILY, we've called the airline and the little blighter is in Kuala Kumpur - obviously liked it so much he wanted to stay - so until tomorrow morning Kim will be donning herself in all of Frankie's clothes - lucky her!

We think the jet lag is catching up on us now, however we're powering through and are determined to have a great night out in Sydney tonight!

Tags: Lost!

Comments

1

Yo!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you have lots your bag already kimbob!!! Its you all over!!! Honestly what are you like!! Hope you are reunited soon and you can be wearing your own kacks!!
Have fun!!

kel

  kelly Oct 5, 2007 6:23 PM

2

hey kim,

how did i know when i started reading this, it was going to be your bag! you muppet!

have loadsa fun, take care!

hannah x

  hannah Oct 5, 2007 9:48 PM

3

Hey - got your clothes back yet? Just to make you feel GREAT, James' went missing for THREE WEEKS!!!! OMG!

x

  jamesanddan Oct 7, 2007 12:03 AM

4

OMG! Trust your luggage kim to be the one left behind! :) How funny! So glad its safe and sound though and the wonderful airlines are keeping it cozy for you! I hope it reaches you soon! :) Anyways - enjoy syd and cant wait to read all your news soon! miss ya loads and loads already! :) Luv me! ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!

  Jen Oct 7, 2007 1:46 AM

5

Alright Kimba and Frankie!!!

Hope you got your bag back!!Not feeling to good today. Think im getting a cold or something!!!What Rubbish weather we are having today!! Anyways hope to see you soon before you go.

Take care
Oz

  ozzi Oct 8, 2007 1:29 PM

6

Aloha - yes yes i know, what are the chances Eh, But yep my bag is back with me and i cant stop hugging it! Keep checking the blog we're heading to Byron Bay Wednesday and from there will upload our photos - not kidding there are tons! Love you all! xxx

  Kimmie Oct 8, 2007 4:30 PM

About kim-n-frankie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.