Existing Member?

There and Back again.

Africa

SOUTH AFRICA | Tuesday, 21 July 2015 | Views [248] | Scholarship Entry

Filmmaking has been a part of my everyday life since I was 14. After working in theatre and corporate video, living in Scotland, enjoying long hikes in the Scottish Glens and highlands, I took the opportunity to add my sense of adventure and filming to working aboard cruise lines for 2 years, filming for cruise lines and travel agents. This allowed me to be paid and travel whilst filming over 50 countries (of which I have many a tale wandering off on my own).

My fascination with wildlife and animals was always apparent in the dozens of videos i created. I took my job on ships more seriously than others in my position and was seen as an auteur amongst peers, moving ships showcasing my videos to others and embracing/teaching new technologies.

I considered every country, it's cities, it's culture and it's wildlife individually whilst appreciating the greater earth and differences between the over 50 countries I visited.

I have since taken more to drama filmmaking and producing which has allowed me to pay the bills and network but not live the adventures of travel that interest me most.

My travelling experiences have made me the person and the filmmaker I am today. I would embrace fully a new challenge, new countries and new learning to multiply my love of telling stories to my passions for travel.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About kiltedcameraman


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.