Existing Member?

Kiley in Canada

Beer Fest Weekend...

CANADA | Wednesday, 13 August 2008 | Views [667]

Early on at the Beer Fest

Early on at the Beer Fest

Well, last weekend was an eventful one... After a short 4 day week and being reunited with my long lost brother who has been hiding out in Elora, our weekend began on Thursday night. I got to have my first visit to the Fairmont Royal York hotel where Kelly’s parents were staying. It was great to hear some more Aussie voices and see some familiar faces. Dave scored a free dessert while I scored a heap of free tea bags (see pic!). Sounds strange but I was excited to have real Fairmont tea!

 

Friday night was the long awaited Toronto Beer Festival at Fort York. An incredible selection of beer from around Canada and overseas. I picked up a couple of new favourites and definitely found a few to stay away from. Our night started fairly civilized sampling a range of beers, a one dollar token for a four oz. glass. But as the night wore on and 10pm was approaching we were counting our remaining tokens and realising some serious drinking was needed to recoup our money. And so the civility slowly declined... I lost count of how many beers I had in the last 20mins but I do remember running out of tokens and someone (Angela!) thrusting tokens into my hands for more beer.  Oh the bloating! Somewhere in the last half hour Eric’s friends managed to steal a sign for David, actually it’s more like a giant banner. After the beer fest we headed to a friend’s house and Dave headed out for another adventure with Eric’s friends. Needless to say we were all feeling a little worse for wear the next day... most of which was spent in bed!

 

Saturday night was Drew and Jenn’s going away party – they’re moving up north to teach for a year. There is one classic picture from that night – and that is of the still hung-over David’s plate where he forgot to remove the serviette before he piled it high with food. Good job bro!

 

Sunday we were feeling much better so we headed out to the Taste of the Danforth Festival, which is a Greek food tasting street festival. Ah the food! Lamb chops, chicken skewers, gyros, quail – yep, sampled some of the quail, very gamey. We had fun despite the rain... more pics from Dave’s cam coming soon.

 

Dave’s off in Montreal this week, returning on the weekend to attempt the Behemoth rollercoaster at Canada’s Wonderland amusement park. I’ll be safely on the ground watching!

 

Kiles xx

About kiley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.