Existing Member?

Kiley in Canada

REM and Rain

CANADA | Wednesday, 11 June 2008 | Views [501]

Last Sunday I went to the Molson Ampitheatre for the first time to see REM. We had chosen lawn seating a few weeks ago in the hope that the weather would be fine. Of course the morning forecast was predicting rain. But we weren't deterred. Armed with Eric's HUGE ironworkers unbrella that served as a mini tent (much to the annoyance of those behind us) and a couple of tarps, we stayed dry as a bone while laughing at those around us who believed a cotton scarf would save them from the downpour! At one point the wind picked up and the umbrella blew inside out and although those around us were snickering we had the last laugh because the umbrella had plastic spokes that just popped back into place. And so we were dry again.

The concert was great, although I must admit I only knew about 5 of the songs they played, which were their older ones. But it was worth it just to hear them sing 'Losing my Religion' (and seeing the underagers getting busted for drinking and the pot smokers having their joints ripped up by security). We'll be back there next Wednesday to see The Dave Matthews Band, so hopefully it'll be just as entertaining!

Last night we had an amazing storm that woke me up and made the house shake. I put up a couple of pics that I got from some footage I took from my bedroom window. I haven't seen a thunderstorm like that for years - it was great!

It's my last week teaching at LSI and convieniently my students are sitting their Cambridge exams so i dont have to teach in the mornings (hence the reason I am writing this now). Next week I start at International House with my CELTA tutor and some other teachers that made the switch. There is more stability there and more opportunities for career development - I'm looking forward to it!

Hope all is well on your side of the world,

Kiles xx

About kiley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.