Existing Member?

Adventure and then some

Barcelona, mine for one night

SPAIN | Thursday, 21 May 2015 | Views [131] | Scholarship Entry

It was a hot, sultry summer evening in Barcelona, out on a night on the town, all done up, high heels and all and ready to dance the night away. Well, we did just that, me and my friend! I think we started off at a rooftop club by the marina, a fancy venue, shaped in a circle with an open rooftop deck, and what I believe to be, still to this day, green miniature golf fake grass carpet. I should mention we were both single at the time, and enjoying the attention from all the exotic locals, as we were the drinks.
Did you know by the way, that especially during the summer season, ladies get in for free and get a free shot of tequila, and sometimes if you were lucky enough you got to expand your wardrobe with a new pair of undies, thongs to be exact! I m not really sure what happened to mine, perhaps they ended up in my little purse, maybe.
As we were out clubbing for the night, we went to many different venues and danced the night away, always being lured in by these handsome club promoters. It wasn't hard to instantly fall in love with these guapos, as I still remember the cute man with those deep turquoise eyes...he had me at ¡Hola! Too bad he had to go back to work (seducing other women to come to his club) We still had much more dancing to do anyways...
At some point during the night, people do end up going home though, so we ended up wandering the streets of Barcelona, making our way back to our campsite by the beach, this time with our heels in hand! This city is gorgeous by night, all the buildings lit up, showcasing their architectural grandeur, the light breeze bringing some relief to all this tropical heat. So somewhere along the way, we ended up sitting on a bench on Las Ramblas, with 4 or 5 Italian guys. It was too early for breakfast, but also too late to go to sleep now, so why not enjoy a sunrise while strolling along the now quite and peaceful Ramblas, chaperoned by our newly acquired Italian friends. They were nice enough to drive us back to our campsite by dawn, where we were met by my friend's brother*, glaring and staring at us in frustration, but also relieved. How could we have been so irresponsible going out all night and not come home at a reasonable hour to sleep (we didn't have cell phones back then). Well, we could catch up on sleep on the beach right.
And we did just that! Reminiscing over how adventuresome Barcelona can be, especially at night.

By the way, Italians are not the best kissers around, despite of what you might think!

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About kikicricket


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.