Existing Member?

stories of football from a cricket frenzy nation

Your Backyard - Maidaan- the playground

INDIA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [272] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

We are an unlikely team. One a former journalist turned development practtitioner and the other on the thresholds of quiting reporting for a course in film direction. It literally made us 'nomads', we travelled 200 kms to meet each other,discussed ,debated and then came up with Maidan. India is a cricket frenzy nation and yet the world is hardly aware of the kind of passion that football generates in the countless villages and the country side. Kolkata , once the capital of former British India stands testimony to that passion. A local derby match here attracts nearly a hundred thousand spectators. Yet locally too , we often forget to travel around and sense the history of the place from where it all originated in 1911. We wanted to experience the space which led to the birth of this passion and let others travel with us alongside. We have in the past individually made student films on martial arts , visual disability and rural development. The urge to travel, document and present the often unheard stories drive us to filmmaking . If we win this schoalrship we hope to document the several unseen stories of hopes and dreams from India's un explored terrains that often lies ignored.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

Comments

1

Very well captured!!!!

  Animesh Ghosh Nov 7, 2013 3:11 AM

About kicking_dreams


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.