Existing Member?

From war-land to Greenland

My journey to Australia

AFGHANISTAN | Friday, 9 May 2014 | Views [157] | Scholarship Entry

Life changes pretty much at all the times as we spent our days and one day life will eventually end. Who knows when.

Having a pretty established life when a great family, I grow up in the war zone Afghanistan. Upon completion of my secondary school, I started to work with the international communities in Afghanistan.

I always wondered why was Afghanistan a war zone for ages? As an individual, I was thinking can I do something to bring peace in my country? At one stage where I lost family members I knew it wasn't about what we want (peace) and I knew we had to go through all those heartbreaking moments.

I completed my university while working full time in Kabul with several International agencies including the Australian government. Life was getting harder everyday and at one stage I decided to leave everything behind and make my way to Australia.

Since my arrival in Australia in December 2012, I had almost more achievements then of my whole life in Afghanistan.

I was offered a permanent full-time job with one of the top universities of Australia and am still working there. I was also able to focus on my hobby photography and today I am rewarded as one of the professional photographers around the world.

I am so glad I am here and where I stand today.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About khyberhimmat


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Afghanistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.