Existing Member?

Searching for THE place Trips selected and oriented mainly because of the country's geology...everything else a pleasant surprise..tsshee..kidding!

I'd Love to be your personal assistant in St Lucia

SAINT LUCIA | Saturday, 25 April 2009 | Views [732]

Its not often people get free trips to other countries at 24 years, especially when one is not still a spoilt brat, married to an old geezer, getting a paid for school trip, on a business trip...but then again..that aint free either

The point is...Im sooo lucky.Imagine my surprise when within two weeks of returning home for the summer from france, I get a call from one of my best friends asking me to accompany her on a trip to St Lucia. Hell to the YES!!! Although she complained to me that my reaction was significantly under what she hoped for...

but I was thrilled

We took Liat from Piarco airport set to spend 4 glorious days in St Lucia.

We were based in this hotel in one of the main tourisy areas which, being St Lucia was quite overpriced for the amenities...but ..hey..I aint complaining..I was just glad to be there. After being in Cold (weather and people) Europe for a whole year, I welcomed any opportunity to drink some rum, wear bikinis, rest on the beach and just talk to random strangers ...not my normal life in Trinidad..but being in the touristy areas...hey why not///lets be all stereotypical!

The place we stayed apparentlywas overrun by British school boys apparently there for some form of sport related school trip. Lets pause and exaimine this for a moment...little boys on a FIELD TRIP from Britain...what??? its not like we are talking about London to Manchester...its London to Rodney Bay st Lucia.

The point of the trip was to look for venues for a football match between a football club based in Trinidad and a couple in St Lucia. So alot of time was spent looking at stadiums and hotels, hotels hotels. Probably the only time I ever set foot in a five star hotel was here as the general managers gave us tours showcasing the best of what each hotel had to offer.

Interesting

But we can skip that...St Lucia is absolutely amazing. We did an overland tour from Rodney bay in the North heading south stopping to get a great view of Castries which is quite beautiful with its Basilica (so promoted after a visit from Jean Paul) and its cruise ships at the docks. 

Tags: beaches, boats, cool geology, sunset, waterfalls, world heritage sites

About khwe5401


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Saint Lucia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.