Existing Member?

Beijing Diaries

Beijing Diaries

PAKISTAN | Sunday, 10 May 2015 | Views [130]

 
When I was a child, I used to stare at the aero planes flying high above the sky and disappearing behind the mountains. As I looked above and waved my hands, my mother used to tell me that these planes were heading to China. One day I made a wish to board this plane.
To my surprise, fifteen years later this wish was suddenly alive. I was selected as a youth delegate to represent my university in Beijing.
When the plane flew off surprisingly, I found myself stuck to the window staring in to the vast darkness below, as if seeking that little kid who once used to wave his hands at aero planes.
After we reached Beijing and next day set out for the great wall, my heart beat fastened with each step. On that day I was excited and sad at the same time because I had left my better half and my angel of happiness back in Pakistan.
Finally the wait was over and the thirst of my eyes came to a halt when I cast my eyes upon the Great Wall of China.
I felt here as if my soul had amalgamated with this gigantic monument. I felt as if I was deluded, my mind could conjure the images of the Han dynasty, soldering and patrolling. I felt as if I could hallucinate the milieu of the times gone past. 
The very next day we arrived at the Forbidden palace. I could see my colleagues dashing out to take selfies and shots but I felt as if I was tangled in a spell. I wandered the explicit forbidden palace alone and there I lived the moment of my life i.e. a life of an explorer and a wanderer.
The national museum of china was a joyous visit; the museum was embellished with paintings to statues and artifacts of every kind. I was so overwhelmed by this palace that I was left behind so I had to catch a taxi back to the hotel.
Then the last visit we had was a visit to the Terracotta warriors. For me it was a once in a life time moment as there stood legions of proud and bold Terracotta warriors dressed in pride, as if waiting to be awoken at the order of the gods and to serve their one true emperor.
This was my first ever visit to a foreign land that has reincarnated in me the will to travel and explore this magnificent world.
 These memories shall reside in the cosmos of memories since the end of times. I have made a wish to God that I may be molded in to an eagle in the next life so that I may sail over the winds and become what I have also wished to become, a wanderer and an explorer.

About khomaro


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.