Existing Member?

just one little fishy

That time again

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 22 November 2006 | Views [561]

It's been nearly a year, time to dust off the old journal and post some more adventures.  Unfortunately, life in London boasts few adventures of the travel variety, although there are plans afoot for a Russian Christmas, and also a trip to the Continent for the Christmas markets in the pipeline.

The Christmas lights are already lit up on Oxford and Regent Streets, and all the shops are decked out and have been trilling carols since late October. Despite the transparent commercialism, the thought of a cold Christmas is enough to put the gloss back on the celebration for me - ice skating at Somerset House, mulled wine, Christmas markets, and the spectacular window displays at Selfridges and Debenhams.

But for now, work is keeping me busy (I'm working as a legal assistant for Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr, international commercial arbitration and a bit of litigation), its getting chilly and its dark by 4.45pm. It's not so bad when there are holidays to look forward to, but the thought of a cold January is a bit depressing. Luckily there are about a dozen other assistants and interns working here from all over Europe who feel the same, so we have plenty of plans for ice skating, cocktails at Selfridges, foreign film nights, and general eating and drinking in a manner befitting the festive season!

Tags: Work

About kezza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.