Existing Member?

Kevin's Adventures in 2008 Updates on my Thoughts, Sights, Smells, Adventures, Ideas, Pictures, Stories, People, and Whatever else comes to mind during my 5 month Adventure...

The Basic Idea

USA | Tuesday, 15 January 2008 | Views [359]

The Basic Idea:


January 21st-Feb 20th

Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Spend about 2 weeks in northern Thailand, Itenerary TBD.

From Northern Thailand we will head into Laos, through the Lao city Huay Xai in northern Loas, then Down The Mekong into Vientiane, The country's Capitol. This leg should be about a week long or so. From there we will either trek along the Lao/Thai border, or Head Directly inland back towards Bangkok.

Feb20th-March15th

From Bangkok we will Head south by Train down the coast to Surat Thani, the Kickoff point for touring the Islands in the Gulf of Thailand. The goal would be to make it to Koh Phangan for the World Famous Full Moon Party, which will happen on Feb 22nd. After the Party we will recover for a few days, and Head to Koa Tao for some world Class Scuba Diving. Perhaps a week there on the perfect Tiny Island. Perhaps around the 10th we will head to Mainland Thailand, and Explore to Beaches in the Southern Part of the Country. We should Cross the Malaysian Border around the 15th of March.

March 22th.

Head down The Malaysian Penesulia towards Singapore.

In order to connect with my friend in Bali, I will probably fly straight in to Bali, and either Re-Connect with my Brothers a few weeks later, or try to convince them to come with me...

Diana should meet me in Bali around the 1st week of April, and stay for about 8 days.


April 13th-May15th

Island Hopping in Indonesia

May15th-June12th

Island Hoping in the Phillipines

June12th

Fly from Manila to Phnom Penh, the Capitol of Cambodia and Visit Ankor Wat. Spend about a week in Cambodia, and then Head back to Bangkok via Bus, Boat, Plane or Train. Throw away everything, and buy some goods for the trip home.

June 23rd

Fly to Maui, spend Two weeks relaxing in Kehei at the Mana Kai. Fly home to California around July 7th...

Tags: The Planning Phase

About kevsinasia


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.