Existing Member?

A Different Verve

Bequia

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO | Monday, 27 April 2015 | Views [96] | Scholarship Entry

How could things get smaller? From the oil producing and commerce centred Port of Spain, Trinidad to the most laid back place in the world. There were more buildings from the colonial era in main town the tiny island of Bequia. The town consisted of just one short street full of activity with the loudest persons being the van operators, hustling the isle's visitors for transportation over the mountainous terrain. But we were here just for a few hours so a little exploring was in order. Losing my group I fell in love at first sight. To a simpler time, were people relied on the hot beach, the turquoise waters and fresh salt air for their livelihoods. Craft shops littered the seaside, ornate and colourful interrupted only with the sweet smell of local dishes. An islander myself I could appreciate the spices, identify them and made a mental note to pass by on my way back. With time to reflect under the cashew tree shade, I felt a bit ignorant. How could I not be more appreciative of such a place. My own region, a part of the world people crave and consider just a magical place. But in living in this region for so long, you lose the understanding of just how luck and appreciative one should be. Bequia is my travel treasure.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About keron


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Trinidad & Tobago

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.