Existing Member?

travels with my sons

The first stage scouting

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Tuesday, 19 June 2007 | Views [459]

My son (Joe) is graduating from European University in St. Petersburg next week. My other son (reid), a student in California and I are going to visit him (joe). Reid left yesterday from SF. I will follow next week (I am a criminal defense lawyer and completing a murder trial). Reid left from SF to LA. He got hassled in SF because he had a screwdriver in his carry on luggage. (It was his work backpack and he forgot it was in there.) He got to LA only to find that the Aeroflot connection to Moscow was 3 hours late so a 4 hour layover became a 7 hour layover. Reid was worried that he would miss his connecting flight to St. Pete and be stranded in the Moscow airport, unable to speak the language and unable to contact anyone. Joe was calling home from St. Pete to verify when to pick up Reid and upon learning the problem was scornful of Aeroflot and worried that Reid would come in so late to St. Pete that he, Joe, would have to take a taxi instead of the metro (ruinously expensive) let alone give up his poker game. Joe could get no information and kept checking with us in CA about Reid. Eventually he went to St. Pete airport to see if Reid caugt the last flight (no--Reid called from Moscow and had to spend the night in the airport to catch the early morning flight.) Joe was upset that (when he returned from the Airport at 2 a.m. to hear he would have to return at 6 a.m. to pick up his brother. About midnight here in CA, the brothers have united and Reid will never fly again, he tells me we are taking a train home. I wonder will they pick me up next week when my flight is delayed.

Tags: airports

 

About kerob


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.