Existing Member?

The Rolling Stones and other miscellaneous adventures in China

We Got What We Want

CHINA | Wednesday, 17 September 2014 | Views [257] | Scholarship Entry

Towards the end of last year I remember hearing two words that have stuck with me and have been my mantra ever since: Be better. These two words have pushed me to great lengths and I can truly say that this year I have worked the hardest, experienced the most, loved deeper, laughed everyday and never lost sight of the future. In saying that, if I were chosen for this travel scholarship I would put my everything into it for my biggest aspiration is to become a documentary filmmaker. To film documentaries on a historic cultural festival would greatly enhance my current and future endeavors as well. I only have a few more classes to complete at Monash University till I graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Filmmaking and International studies. Previously, I studied film at the California College of the Arts in San Francisco for two years where I filmed mini documentaries about neo-shamans or filipino restaurant owners and their rock band. During that time I also undertook an internship with the Performing Arts Workshop as a documentarian photographing, filming and recording musicians and hip hop dancers who worked to keep art alive in schools. My teammate Jérôme and I met at an exchange program in Hong Kong earlier this year and with a group of our friends decided to go to Shanghai to see the Rolling Stones play live and explore. We collaborated closely with the video and we are excited to work together again as we both love a good journey and a camera to capture it with.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About kennyhusters


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.