Existing Member?

One passport, one bag, one great adventure...

I have fallen in love...

THAILAND | Tuesday, 20 March 2012 | Views [736]

... with diving.

So incase you haven't heard, I have extended my trip until June. After completing my advanced open water course, and an amazing night dive, I decided I would find a way to finance staying in Koh Tao for 2 extra months to do my Dive Master Training (DMT). Currently, I am in Koh Samui waiting to fly to Bangkok tomorrow to grab the luggage I had put in storage after my insane shopping trips in Vietnam. I will also be making a quick visa run to Cambodia while there.

The night dive, the final dive of my advanced open water course, was incredible! We dove the White Rock site, and were able to see a huge diversity of marine life. We saw our first blue spotted sting rays during this dive, great baracuda and reef squid. I was also lucky enough to see an adult green turtle sleeping under rocks. Our great baracuda encounter was one of the coolest. We watched as it hunted and caught it's meal. With the first snap, the Baracuda caught the tail of the fish, then quickly snatched up the head that began to float away.

Since finishing my course I spent one day doing 4 fun dives and another doing my first aid/cpr training required to do my dive masters. Needless to say, I've been busy and it will only get busier with doing my DMT. It takes people anywhere between 1 and 3 months to achieve their dive master so i've got my work cut out for me, but I'm extremely excited.

I'll sure to keep you updated as my training continues. I'll try and get some photos of the island, I just haven't had the opportunity to take any yet!

Tags: beaches, diving

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.