Existing Member?

Costa Rica 2013

On my own

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 26 May 2013 | Views [319]

Estoy triste. I am sad. My new friend, and fellow volunteer Megan went home today. Not only was she just a fun person to be around but she spoke English and was as clueless as I am. Now I'm on my own. When I first signed up for this adventure I thought there would be other volunteers here. I don't know why it never occurred I'd be the only one. It's summer for most students in the States so they have the time off. Maybe coming to Costa Rica durning thr rainy season isn't their first choice. Better to come here in December I guess.  I will adapt though.

Domingo (Sunday) was lazy. I got up at 6 to say goodbye to Megan but went back to bed from 8-9:30. When I got back up no one was around. I assumed Xiani and Donald had gone back to bed too. I took advantage of the quiet time to try to catch up on my blogs. Around noon Donald came out of his room and served me breakfast before we went back to bed. Apparently his allergy medicine was kicking his butt. Xiani had gone to church with her son Larry and daughter-in-law Angelica. When they got home Donald had Xiani prepare lunch but I felt had just eaten and passed on the food. Donald really does like to eat all the time.

Although we didn't get any rain on Saturday it was back on Sunday afternoon. I didn't have anywhere to go and my legs were sore from hiking so I was content to read, write, and play a few games. Besides I needed to rest for Monday when Donald would be gone and I would need to work on the farm. And I would need to communicate with Xiani, Angelica, and Lazaro, the farm hand, all whom don't speak English. It should be an interesting week.

Tags: costa rica, kda

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.