Existing Member?

Mis Aventuras

Dia de la Madre (Mother´s Day)

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 16 May 2007 | Views [3671] | Comments [4]

mi familia (peggy, mi madre, jorge, y yo)

mi familia (peggy, mi madre, jorge, y yo)

My family sure knows how to celebrate Mother´s Day properly...



My mom and all of her brothers and sisters hired a mariachi band to serenade their mother (mi abuela here). she was moved to tears. although i have definitely experience a lot of things here that have made me really angry with the way a lot of latin men treat women, the entire culture definitely displays an intense respect for mothers. for weeks before mothers day, the streets were crowded with vendors selling flowers, cards, candy, stuffed animals,... all specifically for mothers day.

i put up an album over the whole day...which include pictures of my family here and, better yet, pictures of my little cousin break dancing. check em out :)

i am definitely starting to feel a mix of emotions about leaving. although i am really excited to get back and see everyone, i am definitely going to miss this place. i cant believe it, but monday morning i am leaving Cuenca (and my host family, sadly) for the rainforest! exciting!!

Tags: Family

Comments

1

kelly!!! i miss you lots...and even more after looking at all your pictures and everything you've written about your trip. I am so pumped to see you when you get home. I am so proud of you and I am praying for you always...
"For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by LIFE" - 2 Corinthians 5:4
I love you - live in the fullness of LIFE in Him while you are there - soak it all up, spend time in the Word, and don't stop lovin'
much love and prayer - meg

  salvation_karmy May 18, 2007 4:26 AM

2

Kelly,

It is hard to believe you are almost on your way home. We are all excited to see you and hear in more detail your adventures. Enjoy the Rain Forest.

Todd

  Todd Whetstone May 18, 2007 10:53 PM

3

Kelly,

It is hard to believe you are almost on your way home. We are all excited to see you and hear in more detail your adventures. Enjoy the Rain Forest.

Todd

  Todd Whetstone May 18, 2007 10:53 PM

4

dam whos dat hotass mamacita on the left

  guy in love with the girl on left Jul 31, 2009 9:57 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.