Existing Member?

Mis Aventuras

A Bittersweet Weekend

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 18 April 2007 | Views [1300] | Comments [3]

Well I just have lots to update everyone on


Friday, I went to Cajas National Park... and you should definitely check out the pictures because it was goregous. However, as I am looking back through the snap shots I took I am realizings that the pictures don´t even begin to capture it. The waterfalls, the lagoons, the mountains, the forests, ... So instead, you should just come visit me! haha

This whole weekend was a HUGE celebration of the Foundation of Cuenca (the third largest city in Ecuador, where i am studying). 450 years! Thursday night was a huge party in the center of town with fireworks, music, salsa dancing... etc. The whole city was flooded with artisans from all over the country coming to sell their hand made goods.

However, I did have to move out of my house this weekend and I was really sad to leave my host mom and sisters because they were amazing. I am now living with a new family which is the exact opposite of my old one. Orfa (my old host mother) was 72, made all of her food from scratch, and was very traditional in her lifestyle... she hand washed my clothes!! My new host mom, Monica, looks 15 years younger than she really is... we live in the center of the big city in a high rise apartment with my host brother, who is also 20, and my host sister (18) but she is currently studying in Quebec right now (yeah canada!!!).

So, in short, I am hoping this is the last of the big bumps on the road of my adventure. This week we are spending a few days doing volunteer projects in the schools here so I am very excited about that. Then, this weekend, we are off to the coast for a week!! ah my poor pasty white skin!

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

im guessing your address is now different.... this could be a problem, could I get your new address? and hopefully youll still be in contact with your old host family cuz I sent you a letter to that address... well i miss you and hope that everything gets better!!! have fun on the coast!!!!

  Allie Apr 18, 2007 4:16 AM

2

Yeah... Say I sent something to you about a week ago... Will it ever find you?? Why are you switching families so soon?
I miss you, mi amor!!!

  Cassie Apr 18, 2007 6:13 PM

3

that picture is beautiful!

  steph Apr 20, 2007 11:56 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.