Existing Member?

Mis Aventuras

good morning Baltimore!

USA | Thursday, 12 June 2008 | Views [899] | Comments [2]

at the habor

at the habor

Yes - Katherine did bust out that hit theme song from Hairspray on our way to B-town. We're finally all here and alive, despite delayed planes, leaky aircrafts, intense lightening, electricity loss, broken car parts, and an oven fire in a log cabin.

The log cabin is owned by an awesome guy named Gary who not only told us he would take us in, but then made arrangements to stay elsewhere so we could have the entire house to ourselves. He actually built most of the house all by himself! He is such a joyous and generous person despite the fact that he has had to live under some rough conditions: He was born without 3 different muscles in his body (one being in his tongue) and therefore appears to be mentally handicapped, even though he is not. These tough trials that he has undergone have definitely led to the gentle and kind spirit he has from working to accept and become at peace with the life he has been given. To put it simply: Gary is an awesome, up-for-anything type of guy that is taking us on our first big adventure this weekend to Washinton D.C. Perhaps we can see the Statue of Liberty? (just kidding mom).

We spent this morning roaming around the inner habor and WOW, Baltimore is cool. Things are already getting pretty busy even though no teams have arrived yet. Tomorrow we are meeting with a lot of the community organizations/members that we will be working with.


Well, that is all for now! peace and love <3.

Comments

1

Hey Kel!!

I miss you! Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a rough go at getting there. That is so awesome about your housing arrangements and so dear of the man that owns the house!!

I laughed about your statue of liberty comment - it took me a second to get it!!

I love and miss you. How is it going reading Boundaries? How is your time with the Lord? Do you have any time to be still? Okay, enough of the questions - just know that I LOVE you!

Kel :)

  Kelly Jun 20, 2008 5:53 AM

2

hey you!
Im so excited to see what Gpd is going to be doing in your life while you're there!!!
I miss you tons my love...

Makella~

  Makella Jun 24, 2008 2:49 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.