Existing Member?

Timor Jots- Dreams

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

TIMOR-LESTE | Sunday, 25 July 2010 | Views [319] | Scholarship Entry

- Inspiration

The comic and spontaneous events that happen everyday in Timor-Leste. My encounters with Timorese people have changed my perspective on how I view the world, even something as simple as the value of sleeping.

- Planning

Over the last year, I’ve learned the power of being prepared and relearned what I thought it meant to be planned. You can’t plan anything in Timor. If you plan something, it won’t happen: people disappear, there’s a natural disaster, equipment malfunctions etc…  So I carry my camera with me everywhere and as a result, I’ve caught accidental encounters that wouldn’t have materialized if I’d planned them. I then like to investigate these moments (what do they mean?) and plan a story around those ideas.

- Challenges

Timorese’s flexibility towards time, the restrictions of slow internet, car horns (listen up) and multiple gropings from faceless men!

- Ambition

I want to make documentaries that are simple, memorable, light and heavy. Documentaries that linger like after dinner mints by refreshing your senses and satisfying some of your urges.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About kells


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Timor-Leste

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.