Existing Member?

24 Hours in Vienna

My Scholarship entry - My Kind of Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 11 October 2012 | Views [224] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

Travel has, and always will be, the best education for me. It's not just the act of traveling, though journeys are as meaningful as the destinations, and it's not escaping routine, though new situations do improve awareness.
For me, the reason to travel is for the people. People are what make our world so unbelievable—their cultures, dreams, customs, daily life are what make this world so dynamic. By learning from them in their home, it’s the best way that I know how to make the most of my time on this awesome planet and be the best version of myself.
From starting a travel magazine in college, to interning at Nat Geo Adventure mag to now, helping talented travel vloggers live their dream through Tripfilms--I've made travel my life. I’ve loved being part of the travel video space because it’s the strongest form of storytelling. With a web show at Tripfilms, I’ve been able to both host and film travel videos. I hosted one series with a filmmaker, and now friend, Justin, about our weeklong experience in Austria. For us, being able to learn from Trent and from Rio at her brightest time, will only help us to better share the stories of the inspiring people in our world.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

Comments

1

Hi Kelley, it looks like you haven't given permission for us to view your video. - Alicia

  Alicia Oct 11, 2012 12:36 PM

2

Sorry Alicia! I didn't give permission to embed--should be good now?

  Kelley Oct 11, 2012 1:19 PM

About kelleyferro


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.