Existing Member?

Mumbai Locals

Seek Experiences - The first and the last local

INDIA | Tuesday, 5 November 2013 | Views [205] | Scholarship Entry

Once I had taken the last train of the day to go back home. Trains in Mumbai are also called 'local trains' or just 'local'. And it was during this journey that I noticed the number of people taking this train was astonishingly high. What struck me was the fact that most of these people seemed calm and content. I was perplexed and decided to do something with this idea. Our experience has been great fun and rewarding. Since most of the action happens right in front of us, therefore we learned that the more we are in the moment the better our stories will be. Having conversations with strangers has given us a new perspective into life. As filmmakers/presenter our idea of a travel docu is not just restricted to places but it extends to the people of the place. Our aim will always be to showcase the ethos of the place and how that makes the city what it is. Winning this scholarship will help us to discover ourselves as people and filmmakers and understand the essence of different cultures. Our primary aim is to be storytellers through our travel show and this scholarship will not only help us achieve that but also make us better at our craft.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About keepingitreal


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.