Existing Member?

Cliffoline Round the World 2007 RTW Trip: Buenos Aires / Chile / New Zealand / Fiji - fingers crossed / Australia / India / Nepal / Tibet

Glasgow to Buenos Aires

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 20 January 2007 | Views [452] | Comments [1]

17th January 2007

Glasgow Airport We checked our bags in at 17:00 my sister Geraldine called to say that Cliff had forgot to take his money wallet, with the cashline card in it - which was great!!! My fabby sister then had to drive the 20min journey to the airport to drop the wallet off, before our flight left at 18:35, she made it though. My best bud Danielle came along to see us off, we said our good-byes and boarded the plane for the first leg of the journey, Glasgow to London Heathrow.
Flight We arrived at London Heathrow and made our way to departure gate 4 and boarded the flight (BA1495) and incidentally it was a jumbo jet and I wangled it to get a FREE upgrade (seat 31J), which was extremely cool. We got rather HYPER at this point - I love Brittish Airways. The flight touched down in Sao Paulo at 08:47 GMT the next day (18th Jan) - we had a few delays along the way, hence the reason it took so long. We had to stay boarded for one hour, to allow the new cabin crewe to come on board and people to depart. The weather was really miserable in Sao Paulo - it looked like Scotland! 09:47GMT we were off again to our final destination, Argentina Buenos Aires - the flight was delayed again, we eventually arrived at 13:00 GMT - 10:00 local time. The weather is great 22°c - 72FH and the city is beautiful. I was told when leaving the flight that there was a message left for me and I wondered "what could it be". After passing through customs I reported to the information desk to collect my message, which was "my backpack has been misplaced", which wasn´t the best of news, but on the plus side I got GBP35 and was assured my backpack would arrive the following day at my hostel. It´s just one of the many adventures of a backpacker - it´s still really exciting.
Airport The airport is really easy to navigate round. We decided since we were in the airport we would change our sterling into pesos, but after 45mins of some communication issues, we discovered they do not accept sterling, which is strange, but o-well. Anyway since our flight was delayed our lift from the hostel was gone. So we decided to be real shoe stringers and get the bus from the Ezeiza Airport, we got directions from a nice girl in la farmacia, so off we went.
Journey to La Menesunda - Av. Boedo WOOW - outside the airport, Buenos Aires is gorgeous and so warm. We made our way to the bus stop to get the number 86, what an adventure. The bus cost $1.32 GBP0.45 and the driver was very helpful (althought didn´t speak a word of English), the journey took 2hours, the driver told us where to get off and we headed down the road to La Menesunda Hostel at 742 Av. Boedo.
Arrived at our Hostel
When we arrived we were greeted by Virginia - who spoke good English and was really friendly. We paid for a private room with a shared bathroom and that cost $166.51 = GBP 27.54 - for 2 nights. I was really glad with our choice - it was a lovely hostel. We met a really nice English couple later that night, so that was nice.
Verdict Best decision I have ever made and I´m really happy I have my fantastic boyfriend Cliffy to share it with....(well I say that now) he he. Anyway, it´s 14:20 here, the sun is shining and I´m off to find oot where my backpack is.

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

Hi, sounds like you are enjoying the trip so far hope you are both well, i will be of on my travels soon also, Rhona and i are of to Majorca on the 9th of march for a fortnight, chikenpox still rife here kaidyn is covered from head to toe , poor wee sole even has them in his mouth, are you still in argentina?

  Kath Millen Feb 2, 2007 1:13 PM

About keencaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.