Existing Member?

Volunteer Abroad Lima, Peru

January 15th, 2011

PERU | Saturday, 15 January 2011 | Views [276]

Last night, although I was really tired, I stayed up talking to someone very special. I spent most of my morning talking to this person and it was nice :). I feel very happy.

Today was a pretty mellow day. I have a huge headache though (it still hasn’t gone away) :/. The volunteers and I were planning to go on a bike tour but we arrived too late so we couldn’t :(. Instead, we walked around Mira Flores looking through the shops. I literally had to suck it up with my headache. I really wanted to spend time with Lauren before she left.

I was able to find a cool duffle bag at Mira Flores though! Hallelujah! My suitcase that I brought to Peru is now not big enough to fit all the souvenirs that I bought. The souvenirs I bought have seriously taken up most of the room in my suitcase. I can no longer fit my clothes or other belongings. Now, I have plenty of room in my suitcase and all my belongings fit! Yay!

Some new volunteers arrived today! They seem really nice. On the other hand, Lauren is leaving today for Texas and I feel sad. She says she wishes that she could take me with her and put me into her pocket so that every time she feels sad or worried she can take me out for some comfort :). I like that! I like to comfort people :).

I feel really sad though. Most of the volunteers that I bonded with since I got here have left. It makes me really, really, really sad. I won’t be going out with the volunteers tonight. My headache isn’t going away and I feel super sad. I just want to stay home, relax, and rest. Hopefully, I can talk to someone who always makes me smile later tonight.

Goodnight friends! :)

About kdieu


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.