Existing Member?

Over my Limits

When I saw the advertising for Asia.

THAILAND | Thursday, 5 May 2011 | Views [198]

It was a few months ago when I saw the advertising for Asia. I was with my mother picking things up in Harshman, a Campus for Ivytech and nearby when getting out of the elevator I saw the big poster announcing the trip. Initially my eyes where kind of denying me to continue reading but something inside of me was saying, "Go ahead keep reading", then from that moment my heart and curiosity got into my brain telling me this is it, you are going to Asia.

Honestly, I didn't know how I was going since my funds were really short; however, my first thought was to call and get more details. I called a few times but Mr. Tony one of the people in charge of the trip didn't return my calls, so I tried the other number available. Teresa did call me immediately. A day later Tony also called me. Both of them were very helpful in answering questions I had and explaining trip details. I met with Teresa and after we discussed all the important issues about the trip I felt like I was in control of the situation. My mother was with me and I turned to my mother side saying; "I'm going in this trip" My mother of course asked me how I was going to pay for it and I told her I got it all figured out. Well that was not really true, but I tried to relieve myself by not believing any differently. My next step was the big step, how I was going to go about getting the money. I then made the phone call to Sam in the Financial Aid Department but I didn't have any luck that day. I waited a few days for him to return my phone call but he did not answer back. I was getting down asking myself," Is this trip really going to happen?" So, while I was waiting Teresa called me and she told me that he was on vacation. My goodness, my hopes came back again and I was excited. I knew the date of when he was returning from vacation and I didn't hesitate to call him as I was running short on time for signing up. Finally, I met with Sam, we went through all the information and I made my phone call to Teresa saying that I was going on the trip. Well, to not make the beginning of my story long I will say that this has been a challenge from the start. Teresa has been very helpful and my persistence has definitely been the voice that spoke to me from the first time I saw the advertising. I'm moving forward, most of all the details are complete. I got my ticket a week ago and I almost cried. I was mixed with many emotions, it probably was a feeling of satisfaction, a feeling for of a new journey, but most definitely a feeling of wanting to get this new adventure started. Well today is Wednesday May 4, 2011 and just yesterday I was finishing my final exams. I did very well in my courses and grades. I studied really hard because even though I was approved for my trip if I did not keep my grades up Financial Aid could have said," sorry you are out of luck" so as I said before, what a challenge. Anyways, this trip has taught me a lot, I am loving each day more and the fact that I'm currently in Ivy-tech, the opportunity its great for those whom really are willing to take advantage of what they offer and assume the risk of continuing until the end. That is it for now, I will get back to you in a few days.

 

Kattia

About kattiatarnow


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.