Existing Member?

The beauty of new places

The beauty of new places

CZECH REPUBLIC | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [109] | Scholarship Entry

It was very unexpected and happened very fast and quick. My friends and I were in Berlin for a medical conference. We went some days before the conference in other to get more time to tour around the city. The next day after arrival, we went to charlottenburg palace and during our tour there , one of my friends suggested to go to another country that day and come back before the conference began.That same evening after we arrived back to our hostel,he made some calls to find out about bus tickets and people in other countries we can meet if we should go there. Finally the only available and suitable place we could go was Czech Republic, where we had people waiting for us. We got to the station only to find out that tickets were no longer sold for the next bus, but that didn't stop us, we waited till the bus arrived and negotiated with the driver, we agreed to send us there.We were so excited, I couldn't even believe it that everything is really coming to reality. We were in the bus the whole night and arrived very early in the morning. our friends there could only make it after 2 hours. We decided to go and have breakfast at the nearest cafe and also went to see the famous astronomical clock. Finally our friend made it and took us touring around the town. I was astonished with the beauty of the city, it might be a small city compared to other cities like New York, Berlin etc but it was beautiful, peaceful, colorful and lovely. I felt a whole lot of positive energy around me. The architecture, the decoration the roads were just designed to please the eyes. I loved all the places we were taken to, the old town, Charles bridge, the Prague castle and so on. Our friends also wanted us to experience the night life in Prague, though I was very tired I still decided to check it out. We went to a bar that was underground and before we entered we thought it's going to be a very quite place because we couldn't hear people talking or music playing from outside but after we entered we released we were mistaking, the music was so king we could barely hear each other and the place was full with young people. We had so much fun and made so much friends. Unfortunately for us we had to leave early because we had to catch one particular bus that goes to our hostel. And we had just about 5 minutes to run to the station, and the distance was quite far, but we made it after running non stop.
I had such am amazing time , met amazing people and saw the beauty of new places.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About katrinob


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.