Existing Member?

On our travels.....

Lift off

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 19 May 2014 | Views [224]

Day 0

So the day has finally come to leave Sydney after 6 fun filled years. It feels a little anti climactic having been away all summer (or winter depending on which hemisphere your reading this from). 

we waved goodbye to all my belongings this morning and had a beautiful lunch at blathers one last time....... I had been hoping for some potato rosti but the breakfast menu was finished :(  thanks to all the girls, especially Jaimee, for popping out to see me off.

We managed to get away early (WHAT??!!! I hear you all cry!).  I'm now lazing on the balcony in Wollongong listening to the sound of the pacific ocean. We thought we would treat ourselves to a hotel with a few amenities before setting off on the camping expedition (needless to say this was my idea - but Dad is secretly happy about it).

we only had a few hiccups today.... The removal guys were 2 hours late and I had quite a lot of 'extra' stuff but the driver was super nice so that made up for it. The electricity company was way more efficient than I was planning and the electricity went off in the middle of the cleaning but all in it hasn't been the worst move - though my stuff still has to make it to Perth! They actually put it on a train and send it by rail - I thought everything went by road.

ok we are off for dinner.....bye for now x

P.s. Did I mention yesterday dad brought a Scottish flag with him? I'm not entirely sure how this is going to come in useful but I'm open to ideas??

 

About katkelley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.