Existing Member?

KatieFeld's Journal

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 8 March 2011 | Views [325] | Scholarship Entry

To many my big adventure may seem diminutive, but to me this has been the biggest change in my life. For my entire life I have not lived outside of Colorado which is not a bad deal at all considering it has some of the most beautiful landscape in the nation, but recently I moved to Washington D.C. Now I know that just traveling across the United States seems somewhat irrelevant in applying to a travel writing scholarship, but for me D.C. has been the most amazing experience of my life and I want to keep growing in my writing by visiting not only other countries, but visiting anywhere and seeing new cultures and meeting interesting people in order to develop an understanding for life from all perspectives near and far. D.C. is an amazing city with a diverse culture and zest for life. From the chaos of the Metro to the amazing historical beauty of the city, there is so much to see, do and learn here. Whether you are in a suit or decked out with I Love D.C. gear and a fanny pack, this city welcomes all kinds of people and has something for everyone. I know I may not been the ideal candidate to have traveled across the world and seen these amazing places that you write about, but the not knowing will make my writing even better to show an in-depth experience of a place from fresh eyes and knowledge.

Tags: #2011Writing, Travel Writing Scholarship 2011

About katiefeldhaus


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.