Existing Member?

Life is a journey......

Breathtaking Bled

SLOVENIA | Wednesday, 3 July 2013 | Views [144]

If you have not been, you must! The first sighting of the lake as we drove into Bled took our breath away.  We had driven from Italy, through Austria and into Slovenia through the Karawanken tunnel, 7.864km long and only one way due to road works, a sure fire way to cause a traffic jam. 
 
We set up camp (the first time of many) in Camping Bled, a beautiful spot! Being in the mountains with the scenery and serenity of Lake Bled was a delightful change from the hustle and bustle of Venice . 
 
We had thought we would cook dinner as it is the more economical option, unfortunately the supermarket was closed, it's the thought that counts! Instead we treated ourselves to a feast at the caravan park restaurant overlooking the emerald green lake. Absolutely superb, although our eyes may have been a little big for our stomaches; goulash to start, rump steaks all round and crepes to finish.
 
After the evenings indulgence we decided a little exercise was needed. We started the day with a 6.5km run around the emerald green lake, sighting ducklings, signets and some extra large fish.  It was a hot morning, inevitably we all worked up quite a sweat, we all had one thing on our mind when we finished our run; strip to our underwear and take a dip in the lake, this was the only cure for our tomato coloured faces. 
 
After packing up we set off for Schladming in Austria!

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Slovenia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.