Existing Member?

Learning to spell like Lawrence

Matt - Drugs, booze and hookers

SPAIN | Thursday, 21 November 2013 | Views [2541] | Comments [1]

The ceiling mirror

The ceiling mirror

Not for my dearest the kind of hovels that others may consider to be valid hotels. No, for her only the best. Hence, I booked Kate and I into the ´Pension Miami´here in Barcelona. We stepped into the room, and were pleased to discover the high standard of decor, even higher than what we had expected. The enormous mirror on the ceiling was a subtle touch, and the painting of the naked woman with the lilly-white breasts highlighting her bikini tan-line was as wonderful as many I have seen in galleries around the world. I don´t think cycletourists are the usual clientele they receive at the hotel.

We had a night on the town to celebrate being in Barcelona, and at about 2 in the morning, having dragged our martini-full bellies home, I asked the concierge where I may find a convenience store or supermarket, as I had a burning desire for crisps. She pointed me just outside, and off I went. I wandered for about 20 minutes, and could find nothing, so headed back. ´Just there´she said ón the other side of the square,´so I headed off again, and found nothing. When I came back she asked if I´d found what I was looking for, and upon telling her that I hadn´t she replied ´really? you´re the first one ever!´All I could find were young men offering me booze and drugs. She must have thought I was the worst drug buyer ever. 

Comments

1

Pension Miami may have been a little seedy, but one of the others that we looked at had as it's main selling feature 'soundproof rooms'. Bates motel?

  Kate Nov 21, 2013 8:22 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.