Existing Member?

Wanderlust

Just walk

GERMANY | Tuesday, 14 April 2015 | Views [204] | Scholarship Entry

Mm.. Walking.. A pain in the butt for some people including me. Until I got the chance to walk a long distance. A very long distance. Through rain and snow. Through mud and forests and lakes. Through villages and cities. For 10 days. Ok. It might sound terrible and incredibly exhausting but it was actually the best experience of my life. So, the story begins in 2009, where I was one of the 100 lucky ones to get chosen by MTV to attend the MTV European awards in Berlin. It was called the Fanwalk. And it was a travel adventure from Hamburg to Berlin. That's 300 km on foot. So we started walking in November 2009 from Hamburg, where all 100 of us from all over Europe met and began our unforgettable journey. We got to experience this amazing bonding journey that led to wonderful days through the spectacular land spaces of Germany and green lands of secret paths, wonderful nights full of stories, music, dancing, laughing, eating, getting to know each other and each other's cultures. We bonded so much with everyone that I still consider some of them to this day my best friends. We also had some bad times but they weren't that important. The amazing thing about this travel treasure is that it didn't stop there. After we made it to the awards and got to experience that as well , we made a pact to meet every year in a different city around the world and have our mini reunions. So far, I have travelled to Munich, Amsterdam, Dublin, Belfast and Glasgow. Another fun fact is that about this story is that two fanwalkers from different countries met there and found true love and ended up getting married!! So, you can pretty much say that this experience chanced everybody's life for the better. I will always cherish this opportunity and consider it the best experience of my life.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About katerinagrigo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.