Existing Member?

The Ghosts of Gwalia

The Ghosts of Gwalia

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 13 August 2015 | Views [187] | Scholarship Entry

I am a journalist and video producer with fifteen years’ professional experience in television and digital media.

For the majority of that time, I have worked as a one-person television bureau, creating stories from idea to broadcast on a daily basis for the nightly news. As well as the city, two bureaus were based in remote areas of Australia; Kimberley and North Queensland regions. During that time my work won both local and international awards.

In the past two years, I turned my attention away from news and towards travel writing. My work has been published with The West Australian and Yahoo. This took me to Kenya and Tanzania to capture the Great Migration, Bali, Mauritius, New York to document the maiden voyage of Royal Caribbean's first smart ship "Quantum of the Seas" and across Thailand for a range of stories, including a feature story about Burmese medical refugees seeking treatment along the Thai/Burma border.

Three months ago, I went freelance. My first project was a documentary following The West Australian Symphony Orchestra as they took classical music to schools in remote parts of Western Australia. i am currently working on a documentary about Western Australia's first makeshift mining town, located in the Western Desert of Western Australia.

Travelling and storytelling are a lifelong passion of mine. I would absolutely love the opportunity to take my work to the next level and learn from one of the best.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About katefergusonmedia


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.