Existing Member?

Adventures of a RedHead

Day 6- Off to Oxford

USA | Saturday, 11 May 2013 | Views [317] | Comments [2]

This trip, as much as it sounds like a cliche, has truly been an eye-opening experience. I was afraid that I wouldn't fully appreciate the sights for what they really were. Instead, I've taken a deep breath and gazed in wonderment with tears in my eyes but, not on my face. Things are happening or not happening on this trip that makes me really wonder "why?" I prayed to God for strength to get out of that bed and do this with a strong heart and strong mind. I've never felt stronger, more liberated, content, smart, artistic, empowered, independent, and free in my entire life. I feel responsible yet care free. I have literally no anxiety about the past, present, or what the future may hold. The "unknowing" part is what is making me feel so comfortable because I can handle it. I can't use my card as a debit card but, who cares?? Not me. I just hope I can keep this feeling when I'm back in the states. I want to LIVE like this! You don't avoid problems, you just trust in yourself that you will be able to find a solution and handle it.

The fact that a monk gave me a book called "Chant and be Happy" right when I was leaving the Roman Baths pretty much says it all. Everyone searched for happiness somewhere or in something/someone. I have found mine within my self, the choices I make, and the people who are around me.

ON TO OXFORD!

Each city is like a different state/country. They all have different styles for food and different languages/slang. For example, instead of ketchup with the burger and fries(chips), they give you salsa as in what Americans use with chips(crisps) or tacos. It was freakin' delicious!

Also, I thought I was curteous in the states but, I'm a lot more polite in England. I think it's because everyone is genuinely nice and accomodating over here.

Oxford is hard to explain so you're just going to have to wait for the pictures because that's how glorious it was (thanks Johnny).

 

PS. Money spent so far $819.00. Not bad! That includes my hostels, train tickets, tours, and food. I am pretty damn good at this!!! Mom and dad aren't going to like my plan when I get back!!! hehehe I'm thinking of "pulling a Johnny" and just traveling for a year or more (with Georgie porgie pumpkin pie, poke him in the freakin' eye!!)

Tomorrow is Stratford-upon-Avon where Shakespear resided. I am so excited for this one!!! And now I am all caught up on my blogs! I hope you are enjoying them my loved ones!

 

Comments

1

I'm ready when ever you are babe !!!!!

  Georgie Porgie May 13, 2013 4:44 AM

2

"Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone" Robert Allen, author

Now for some of my own thoughts.
I've seen you overcome your fears, and I've seen your fears hold you back. And regardless of our advice, some things must be experienced to be learned, and understood. Fire is hot, but getting burned should be an unforgettable lesson.
You will continue to face difficulties and challenges, preparation will do much to define the outcome. However, some times, the only control you can have over a situation is how you perceive it, mentally and emotionally. You are moving in the right direction.

  Dad-B May 14, 2013 3:42 AM

About kate_holla86


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.