Existing Member?

The Big Splurge Canada Adventure

last day in B-town

CANADA | Thursday, 30 July 2009 | Views [399] | Comments [1]

Maya at Vermillion Lake

Maya at Vermillion Lake

Wednesday July 29th

Angus and I left the girls to sleep and wandered off in search of the recommended Wild Flour bakery where we bought some evil almond croissants for breakfast. With kids in tow, we set off for the local bike hire shop and then out of town along Vermillion Lake Road. In fact there are 3 interconnecting lakes and we saw a couple of hawks, a bald eagle and Canada’s national bird, the loon (a large black and white waterbird) as well as numerous ground squirrels. We then cycled back through town, across Bow River and out on the Sundance Trail. By now the clouds had cleared and the sun was out again, so we picnicked (while catching up with the news in the Calgary Herald) and then headed back into town for a bit of retail therapy.

OK, I’m not sure when we’ll get internet access again: tomorrow we’re off back up the Icefields Parkway, stopping for a night at Sunwapta and then back onto the train to Vancouver. If we get a connection on Vancouver Island, I’ll keep you posted on the last stage of our trip, but if not, I’ll post it all when we get back to Madrid.

 

Comments

1

Looking forward to reading the rest of your adventures - and have a safe journey back!

  Jackie Aug 2, 2009 10:17 PM

About katang

moose

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.