Existing Member?

The Big Splurge Canada Adventure

Grouse Mountain

CANADA | Tuesday, 21 July 2009 | Views [392] | Comments [2]

on Grouse Mountain

on Grouse Mountain

Amazing the bribery power of a stack of pancakes and maple syrup to get a sleepy 12 year old out of bed. After another great breakfast at Ricky’s we waddled our way down to the SkyTrain and again headed off to North Vancouver. Our destination today was Grouse Mountain, a cable car ride to the best view over the city and coastline and soon to be home to some of the 2010 Olympic skiing and snowboarding events. Up at the top we took a ski lift even higher up, saw a couple of grizzly bears at the animal refuge, watched a beautifully choreographed but actually very entertaining lumberjack show and saw a display of birds of prey.

Our daily maple syrup intake was topped up by a maple walnut ice cream which means we’ll soon join the customers of the SuperScooter “ideal for the elderly, otherly abled or larger sized persons” which I’ve just seen advertised.

Comments

1

Hi there
Sounds like you're having a great time. Just back from our three weeks camping in France - probably our best holiday yet! Can't wait to go back next year. Reassuring to hear that you may all be plumper than Azu and myself when you get back from Canada. No reports from you since Tuesday - is this because the maple syrup supply has dried up and you've decided to come home? Looking forward to hearing the next instalment. Come on - get writing!
Love from us all
Roy, Azu, Lara and Elisa

  royazularaelisa Jul 26, 2009 6:10 AM

2

Sounds like fun (apart from the bear bit, rather more frightening than being driven around the West Bank in an armoured vehicle me thinks...) some more pics??? (hee hee just to keep you busy!)

Jackie

  Jackie Jul 26, 2009 11:14 PM

About katang

moose

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.